Stone Gate Inn is privately owned and operated. It is located in the Sunshine City (Orillia, ON Canada).
The property design includes 4 floors, interior hallways that are elevator accessible with 48 traditionally styled luxurious rooms. The hotel was constructed in September, 2000.
Orillia Fun Facts
- The City of Orillia was incorporated in 1969 and incorporated as a village in 1867
- Orillia’s village incorporation was the same birth year of Canada
- Orillia Regional land area is 28.61 square KMS
- Casino Rama, Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital, Ontario Provincial Police, Nordia/TeleTech and Kubota Metal Corporation are the largest employers in Orillia
- Huron and Iroquois people used to fish in the Narrows about 4,000 years ago
- Mariposa was originally a fictional town in Leacock’s 1912 book “Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town”
- Orillia was the first city in North America to have a hydro electric plant
- The Stephen Leacock Museum is a national historic site located in Orillia
- The City of Orillia was the first town in Canada to use Daylight savings time
- The word “orilla,” in Spanish translated to the shore of either a lake or river